Re: WRT54G

From: Daniel Egger
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 06:10:56 EST

On 22.09.2004, at 09:41, www.sveasoft.com wrote:

What folks are mirroring and arguing about are our unstable, development
releases including code developed entirely by Sveasoft and not licensed for
general release. Stable releases are free (beer) with full source code and
are available from many different sites. Mirroring unstable dev releases is
not 'helping your neighbor' plus they contain applications developed
entirely by us not licensed for general release.

That part about this I don't understand is why you're disclosing
your propietary non-free software in unstable at all. Simply
remove it from the tarball and you don't have to worry about
illegal copies making the round; after all you still have to
provide the GPLed part of the code at least to the buyers of the
unstable version which themselves have the right to spread it.

Servus,
Daniel