RE: 2.6.9-rc2-mm2: 3ware card info not in /proc/scsi

From: Glenn Johnson
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 13:00:00 EST

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 12:32, Adam Radford wrote:

> Glenn,
>
> The /proc/scsi interface is being deprecated by the SCSI subsystem maintainers.

I am aware of that. I also thought the interface would remain until
third party vendors had a chance to catch up.

> Support for /proc/scsi/3w-xxxx has been removed from the driver and sysfs support
> has been added.

Is is possible to have it support both?

> Please download the newer 3dm2 tools from the 3ware software
> "In-Engineering Development" website, or, keep your older kernel and tools.

I am not sure what the "In-Engineering Development" website is but the
"regular" 3ware Web site only offers 3dm2 for the 9000 series
controllers, which I do not have. I suppose I could just try it though.

> If you have any more questions, please contact 3ware/AMCC support.

I do not know what AMCC brings to the table but I have never gotten
answers from 3Ware support.

--
Glenn Johnson