[Patch/RFC]Removing zone and node ID from page->flags[0/3]

From: Yasunori Goto
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 18:11:50 EST

Hello.

I updated my patches which remove zone and node ID from page->flags.
Page->flags is 32bit space and 19 bits of them have already been used on
2.6.9-rc2-mm2 kernel, and zone and node ID uses 8 bits on 32 archtecture.
So, remaining bits is only 5 bits. In addition, only 3 bits have remained
on 2.6.8.1 stock kernel.

But, my patches make more 8 bits space in page->flags again.
And kernel can use large number of node and types of zone.

These patches are for 2.6.9-rc2-mm2.

Please comment.

Bye.
--