Re: PCI Burst

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 22:16:06 EST

Two things that I'd check, that the memory range shows up as prefetchable (i.e. in lspci) and also that the memory region is mapped with ioremap and not ioremap_nocache. Also, what's the region defined as in /proc/mtrr? I think it has to be mapped as write-back for burst reads to work. When the CPU reads in a cache line in that memory range from the bus, that should hopefully get passed through as a burst read on the PCI bus, but that may be chipset-dependent.

Getting PIO-mode PCI reads and writes like this to work efficiently seems a rather difficult thing to do..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian McGrew" <Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>