2.6.9-rc2-mm3: swsusp horribly slow on AMD64

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 05:14:34 EST

Pavel,

I've just tried to suspend my box and I must admit I've given up after 30
minutes (sic!) of waiting when there were only 12% of pages written to disk.
Apparently, swsusp slows down to an unacceptable level after saying "PM:
Writing image to disk".

The box is an Athlon 64-based notebook. The .config is available at:
http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/040925/2.6.9-rc2-mm3.config
and the output of dmesg is available at:
http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/040925/2.6.9-rc2-mm3-dmesg.log

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.