Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm3

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 11:39:32 EST

On Sat, Sep 25 2004, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 01:46:43AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > - This is a quick not-very-well-tested release - it can't be worse than
> > 2.6.9-rc2-mm2, which had a few networking problems.
> > - Added Dmitry Torokhov's input system tree to the -mm bk tree lineup.
> I hope this isn't terribly redundant, but I've tripped over a bogon in
> 2.6.9-rc2-mm3 similar to the one I reported for 2.6.9-rc2-mm1. The box
> was actually idle at the time.

Same bug, not fixed yet. I'll see if I can get it fixed on monday, I've
seen it here a few times as well. Seems not to be easily reproducable
and no real pattern to when it does. In the mean time, you can replace
the BUG_ON() with a

if (cfqq->allocated[crq->is_write] == 0) {
cfqq->allocated[crq->is_write] = 1;

and the system should work fine.

Jens Axboe

More majordomo info at