Re: external modules documentation

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 03:27:24 EST

On Monday 27 of September 2004 09:25, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> > Tthis means that one, unmodified source tree is _not_ usable for multiple
> > architectures. You can't use the same, prepared sources and for example
> > create noarch.rpm or burn on cd and then use for external modules
> > building on different architectures.
>
> You are doing it wrong.
> You need in your case one source tree, several output dirs.
> So use
> make ARCH=sparc CROSS_COMPILE=xxx O=~/build/sparc ...
>
> make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=xxx O=~/build/ppc ...
cross_compile? I don't want to make cross compilation. I want to use the same
source on my x86 machine, ppc machine, alpha machine, sparc machine and so
on. Since make in external modules dir doesn't create scripts and such kbuild
stuff I don't see how this can work with make modules_prepare.

Please explain.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/ http://ftp.pld-linux.org/