Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm4

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 13:28:06 EST

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 11:01:01AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> > I bet it's USB legacy emulation topic again. Try loading USB modules first
> > and then psmouse, should help.
> >
> > Vojtech, what is the status of USB handoff patches. I have seen several
> > variants and so far heard only success stories from people using them. Can
> > we have them in kernel proper?
>
> They are already in the -mm tree, but they need to be explicitly enabled
> with a boot command line option to have the handoff happen.

I think we really need them by default. I had seven bugs with touchpads,
lost synchronization with PS/2 mice and similar fixed just by enabling
this patch unconditionally in the SuSE tree.

As far as I know, there are only a few nForce boards where enabling the
patch hurts - we should be able to do a DMI exception for those. Anyway,
those boards have bigger problems, as USB reportedly doesn't work there
(because the USB drivers do the same handoff).

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR