Re: promise controller resource alloc problems with ~2.6.8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 14:20:40 EST

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, CaT wrote:

> > Can you send me your ioports from 2.6.9-rc3 _with_ the
> > "request_resource()" change..
>
> Diff says that the file is thesame as the one without patch+change
> that doesn't work.

That's really wrong. Hmm.. Can you enable debugging for the PCI resource
stuff? It's DEBUG_CONFIG in drivers/pci/setup-res.c, and DEBUG in
arch/i386/pci/pci.h, and now your dmesg should be a lot more verbose about
the bootup resources..

Also (independently - I really do want to see the debug info) can you try
making the "drivers/pci/setup-res.c" version of "insert_resource()" be a
request_resource() too?

Thanks,

Linus