Re: Possible GPL Violation of Linux in Amstrad's E3 Videophone

From: Jon Masters
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 07:05:19 EST

Willy Tarreau wrote:

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 06:34:01PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

or you may choose to distribute the software without source
code for $100,000 per product you ship it in.

This would then also give both a Judge and the thief a clear crystalised
value for damages....

Hmmm interesting clause which would make them think before they steal the
code. Perhaps they would take more time to separate open and closed code
then. The problem is to define whom this money should be sent to.

Just on the off-chance of hyperinflation, I'd define that figure based upon some base index. I also think it's a bad idea to have that :-).

Jon.