Re: 2.6.9-rc3 software suspend (pmdisk) stopped working

From: Jesse
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 08:18:29 EST

Mitch wrote:
Hi,

Ok, here is the kernel messages attached. Nothing of real value in it as far as i can see (even with PM_DEBUG on), but you may spot something. Basically the suspend process appears to start but the machine is never powered off and the resume kernel routines are run immediately bringing the kernel/system back to it's resumed state. The *same* kernel config works on -rc2. If i hard power off the machine then i have to fsck my disks on bootup (as expected) and the suspended image is not loaded.
Clearly the latest patches have broken something but what ? Can anyone else without ACPI suspend on -rc3 ?

It's working for me on my Thinkpad 600x (ACPI is not compiled in) Used 'reboot' command from Documentation.power/swsusp.txt

Jesse