Re: libata badness

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 13:04:43 EST

William Knop wrote:

I just got another oops while trying to cp from my md/raid5 array (2 of 3 sata drives) to another sata drive on the same controller. This time, though, it said there's a bug in timer.c, line 405, and that the stack's garbage. I'm thinking it has nothing to do with timer.c, and something in md or libata is chomping all over the kernel.

If you are getting random oopses all over the place, I would suspect hardware before I suspect buggy code.

Jim's, and others' suggestions were good: check power connectors (not just overall power consumption), test CPU, RAM, temperature, ...

Jeff