Re: High Resolution Timer patches crash with slower DDR memory?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 11:00:49 EST

Andrew A. wrote:
Does it make sense to anyone that when I run a 2.6.8.1 system patched with HRT using 2 sticks of PC3200 DDR memory (512Meg total) it
works fine, but when I add a stick of PC2700 DDR memory (3 sticks total to 1024Meg) it throws kernel panics and page fault errors?
Same system running an unpatched kernel has no problems.

Could be bad memory that gets used in one case and not the other. Try running a memory scanner to see if you have a bad stick.

Chris