Re: /dev/misc/inotify 0.11

From: Robert Love
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 14:58:30 EST

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 09:55 -0700, David Busby wrote:

In the future please CC me and John McCutchan <ttb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
inotify bugs if you can. Or respond to an existing inotify thread. I
almost missed this. Thanks.

> 1> When I say `cat /dev/misc/inotify' my machine stops responding
> instantly. I've not had a chance to see what happens. I know I'll not
> normally say that but when I say something else dumb like cat
> /dev/misc/rtc cat will simply wait, not choke up my whole system.

I cannot reproduce this.

`cat /dev/inotify` simply blocks in inotify_read().

You use devfs? Can you try it without that?

Robert Love