Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc3-mm2-T1

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 15:15:34 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> OTOH, I've tested T1 with CONFIG_SCHED_SMT and/or CONFIG_SMP not set,
>> and got similar crashes too. So this seems to be some nasty bug
>> introduced by -mm{1,2}, not by VP on SMP/SMT.
>>
>> Yes, I do have some critical USB devices around here. One is that
>> wacom tablet (mouse) and the other is a tascam us-224 audio/midi
>> control surface that a love very much :)
>>
>> Don't know if this makes me feeling better, doh.
>
> i believe Andrew said that these USB problems should be fixed in the
> next -mm iteration.

Oh yes, I really do hope so :)

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with 2.6.9-rc2-mm4-S7 (SMP), but happy.

Strange thing is, that on my laptop, 2.6.9-rc3-mm2-S9 (UP) is doing just
fine. Guess that ohci_hcd now makes the difference here, against the
former which makes uhci_hcd bad behaved atm.

Thanks Ingo.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx