Re: KVM -> jumping mouse... still no solution?

From: Anthony DiSante
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 01:16:38 EST

Jesper Juhl wrote:
you don't move it, but if you move it N/E/NE it's really slow and jerky, and
if you move it S/W/SW even a hair, it slams down to the SW corner of the
screen and acts like you hit all the mouse's buttons 50 times simultaneously.

I've had similar problems with my mouse and KVM switch.

The other day I came across this (kerneltrap.org/node/view/2199): "Use
psmouse.proto=bare on the kernel command line, or proto=bare on the
psmouse module command line." But that makes the mouse's scroll-wheel not
work. (And this problem doesn't exist with some of the mouse drivers, but it
does with IMPS/2, which is the only one I've ever been able to get the scroll
wheel working with.)

psmouse.proto=imps solves the problem for me (wheel works as well).
The funny thing is that I don't need to do anything like this when I boot a 2.4 kernel, only 2.6 kernels show this behaviour on my system.???

That doesn't make any difference on my system. Mouse freakout is just the same.

-Anthony DiSante
http://nodivisions.com/