Re: Raylink/WebGear testing - ray_cs.c iomem bug?

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 12:59:26 EST

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> If somebody has access to this card and can test it, can you email me? I'd
> hate to apply even an "obvious" fix when the bug may be hidden by other
> bugs, and the obvious fix might end up breaking things for silly reasons.

Ahh. Never mind. It looks like the RCS/CCS difference is encoded in the
index that is used to offset the base, which means that rcs_base and
ccs_base really do end up being the same thing.

Still, I'd love to have somebody verify that the cleaned-up version
(without any changes) still works. It should be 100% equivalent to the old
one, but it's good to make sure.

Linus