Re: 2.6.9-rc3-mm3: `risc_code_addr01' multiple definition

From: Andrew Vasquez
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 13:32:29 EST

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 12:50 -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 12:29, Andrew Vasquez wrote:
> > Hmm, seems the additional 1040 support in qla1280.c is causing name
> > clashes with the firmware image in qlogicfc_asm.c. Try out the attached
> > patch (not tested) which provides the 1040 firmware image unique
> > variable names.
> >
> > Looks like there would be some name clashes in qlogicfc and qlogicisp.
>
> Is there any reason for these firmware image pointers not to be static?
> At least for these drivers which are single files.

That certainly seems like a reasonable option for qlogicfc and
qlogicisp. Attached is a small patch which will limit the scope of
qlogicfc_asm variables.

We could also strip out the !UNIQUE_FW_NAME stuff out of the qla1280.c
driver. Firmware updates to those ISPs will likely _not_ happen, so we
don't need to worry about adding the static modifier at each churn as we
would with the qla2xxx driver. I'll forward along a patch in a later
email.

>From the qla2xxx side, I could also add a '-DUNIQUE_FW_NAME' to the
unifdef script I run before sending updates upstream -- something I
recall Christoph wanting earlier.

--
av