Re: Possible GPL Violation of Linux in Amstrad's E3 Videophone

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 17:41:35 EST

If you want to spend god alone knows how many hours tracking down
who wrote what and nuking the relevant bits, that's your time to throw
away. If you want the same featureset a little faster however, I
believe SCO are still selling Openserver licenses.

Dave

We would spend the time or remove the code. OpenServer??? Gag?? Puke??
According to Carl "Mad Dog" McBride Linux is already his "product" (What a
joke). OpenServer is not Linux.

If I receive a confirmation from A) Linus or B) Alan then we will profer
a license agreement for everyone to review and sign off on via PGP secure email.
We will worry about who is no longer available. We need the core folks whose names
appear as the original author in the master header of each file to sign off. They will need to
certify which files are theirs and send a confirmation.

This can be done, and if there is a process in place, others can come and give money as well.
It's time ALL YOU GUYS got rewarded for your hard work, and not just those who
positioned themselves to get fat stock options and IPO preffered stock for .com stock market
Google style IPO scams. It can happen.

Jeff