Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc3-mm3-T3

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 20:58:02 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For me, this one wants to panic on boot when trying to find the root filesystem. Acts like either the aic7xxx module is missing (which I don't think is the case) or hosed, or it's having trouble with the label for the root partition (Fedora system). Will investigate further when I get home tonight, unless something jumps out at anyone.

kr

For clarification: This appears to be a problem in 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 also.

try root=/dev/sda3 (or whereever your root fs is) instead of
root=LABEL=/, in /etc/grub.conf.

Ingo

Thanks. Tried that just to be sure. However, I don't seem to be the only one having this problem with aic7xxx.

kr