Re: 2.6.9-rc3-mm3

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 06:28:43 EST

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:41:23PM +0000, J.A. Magallon wrote:
> Thanks, that made it work again !!
> Total set of patches to boot:
> - your latest fix
> - revert optimize profile + Andi's patch
> - uhci fix (still needed ?)
> - e100 fix (only thing I have seen at the moment...)
> - 1Gb lowmem
> How about including the last one in -mm, for testing ? I use it in a server
> and in my home workstation and it works fine (even with nvidia drivers ;) ).
> Everything attached (they are really small...)

Would have been nice if you had tried my replacement since you went so
far as to cc: me on its post, the primary reason being I expect it to
have an actual observable effect toward the end the patches are supposed
to have, though if whoever wants it insists, they can do it their own
way; I merely expect the internal function call bits to be ineffective.

-- wli