character device interface to existing socket interface.

From: shankar krishnamurthy
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 14:13:43 EST

I am looking for help in writing character
device interface for existing socket interface.

Planning to write as kernel module. Kernel 2.4.20.
It will be a simple pass through to the socket. I mean
it sits above socket and whatever user gives, the
driver passes it to socket and vice versa. In that
sense its pass-through or a psuedo driver.

When user creates the device, he gives already
connected socket to device driver. Once device
gets created, user closes the socket!

My hunch is that this looks so common that somebody
would have already written or have some pointer to it.

Somebody may wonder why one needs this ...but for
we can take it as *application specific* requirement.

Please let me know if you know anything about it.