Re: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 22:41:37 EST

Greg> The "purchase a spec" agreement has changed, right?

Good point. I think the right way to understand this is that the
purchase agreement and the $9500 cost is intended to discourage anyone
from actually buying the spec -- for the same money you can become a
full IBTA member so why shell out for the spec with more restrictions?

This might be counterproductive but I don't think there's anything
sinister behind it.

- Roland