Re: Inconsistancies in /proc (status vs statm) leading to wrong documentation(proc.txt)

From: Eric Valette
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 12:47:30 EST

Albert Cahalan wrote:

Not quite, but close. Those that know are willing
to read the kernel code, including that of past
releases, can certainly use the statm file.

Sure but it while doing that after readding the official documentation that the trouble began...

For that, go directly to /proc/*/maps and be happy.

That's a good point. Very usefull for knowing which dynamic library account for what size. I start wondering if dynamic libraries and mlockall works well toghether..

You may also want the RSS from /proc/*/status.

Well RSS = VmSize after mlockall I guess

Thanks for the maps hint,

-- eric