Re: [Patch 1/5] xbox: add 'CONFIG_X86_XBOX' to kernel configuration

From: Ed Schouten
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 16:02:07 EST

On Sat, October 9, 2004 10:48 pm, Matt Heler said:
> If it does go into mainline. What's to stop the inclusion of other gaming
> platforms into the kernel . Say for instance Playstation or Gamecube or
> some other variant.

Playstation 2 has an incomplete toolchain (I tried to compile Linux 2.4.26
with the Playstation 2 drivers, but it failed on a lot if MIPS ASM code).

The patch I made is 184KB (gzipped) and is available at:
http://www.il.fontys.nl/~ed/linux-2.4.26-ps2.diff.gz

So if anyone would like to develop it a little further, do your thing ;-)

Gamecube doesn't have a rootfs (only NFS and ramdisk), so I guess distro's
for that machine won't show up soon ;-)

Yours,
--
Ed Schouten <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>