Oops on reboot, FC3 test kernel (based on 2.6.9bk)

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 02:04:02 EST

On the last couple of Fedora Core 3 test kernels that have been released, most recently 2.6.8.1-603 (which I believe is based on 2.6.9-rc BK snapshot) I have been seeing an oops when rebooting. I built the kernel myself, with the standard config except that IOAPIC on uniprocessor was enabled. This is on an Asus P4B533 motherboard (Intel 845 chipset).

The scroll-back feature didn't seem to work and it was too late for the oops to be logged, but I did take a picture of the visible part of the crash dump which can be viewed here:

http://www.roberthancock.com/kerneloops.png

Looks like it happened while disabling the IOAPIC..