Re: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 15:36:50 EST

Alan> The big question seems to be about the standard itself. Are
Alan> the items at issue hardware or software ? We already deal
Alan> with a lot of devices that have hardware related patent
Alan> pools and those by themselves don't seem to cause problems.

As far as I know there are no items at issue. No one has suggested
that there actually are any patents to worry about. The big complaint
is just that the IBTA member companies haven't made enough promises
about their patents.

The OpenIB subversion repository can be checked out by anyone
interested. Anyone who wants to can look the code over and look for
something patent encumbered.

Thanks,
Roland