Re: 2.6.9-rc4: Aiee on amd64

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 10:09:55 EST

"Harald Dunkel" <harald.dunkel@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I installed 2.6.9-rc4 this morning, but it died at boot time
> (a lot of hex output and something about "Aiee" :-). I tried
> to redirect syslog to another host, but the error message did
> not show up in the foreign log files.
>
> Any idea how to catch this message? The problem seems to be
> reproducable, and I would be glad to help.

Use a null modem to the other system and boot with
console=ttyS0,baudrate
Then use some logging terminal program (e.g. kermit)
on the other side to catch the output.

Before doing this verify in a working system that the cable works.

If that is not possible you can use a digital camera in the worst
case and put the jpeg somewhere.

-Andi