Re: suspend-to-RAM [was Re: Totally broken PCI PM calls]

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 10:41:07 EST

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Which machine is that, btw? Evo N620c has probably BIOS/firmware bug
> that kills machine on attempt to enter S3 or S4. It takes pressing
> power button 3 times (!) to get machine back.

That's the one. suspend-to-disk works, but suspend-to-ram leaves the fam
going, and does not come back no matter how many times you press the power
button. You need to kill it (twice) by holding the power button for five
seconds (which is the "hard-power-off" signal to the southbridge, when
everything else is locked up).

suspend-to-disk really shuts off, and comes back after just a single power
button event. Of course, it's slow and boring, I'd much rather have STR
working ;)

Linus