Re: Linux 2.6.9-rc4 - pls test (and no more patches)

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 19:02:14 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Nick Piggin wrote:

ACPI still explodes on my old PII and stops it booting. (I've reported it
to Len a few times but he seems to be ignoring me).

I suspect the "CONFIG_ACPI_BLACKLIST_YEAR" might be the solution they came up with. Old ACPI stuff tends to be broken.

True. I am using acpi=force afterall.

That said, your patch is small and simple, so..

OK you've merged it... well thanks. I guess considering I'm the only
one seeing this, it isn't going to impact anyone but me. Probably
avoiding an oops is a good thing even if it is due to broken hardware.