Re: [patch] VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-T6

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 04:53:43 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> one more warning wrt. PREEMPT_REALTIME: if this option is enabled then
> it is not safe to make interrupts non-threaded via
> /proc/irq/*/*/threaded. If you need to turn an interrupt into a
> high-prio event then its irq thread should be set to RT priority via
> 'chrt'. (-T7 will turn off /proc/irq/*/*/threaded altogether, to make
> sure it's not set accidentally.)

in fact i've re-uploaded a new version of the -T6 patch to disable
direct interrupts under PREEMPT_REALTIME kernels. The only exception is
IRQ1 on PCs (the keyboard irq), which can be useful for debugging
purposes (SysRq, etc.). I turned the keyboard related locks into raw
spinlocks to make this safe.

Ingo