Re: [patch] VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-T5

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 06:10:04 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i've uploaded -T5 which should fix most of the build issues:

This fixed the build problems for me (SMP). I did get one unresolved
symbol when building this with REALTIME enabled.

(which symbol was this?)

WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.9-rc4-mm1-VP-T5-RT/kernel/drivers/net/ppp_synctty.ko needs unknown symbol _mutex_trylock_bh

I shouldn't have even had ppp enabled and then wouldn't have noticed it, but...

[...] Also got error messages scrolling up the screen when I tried to
boot it (looked very much like Mark's problem with T4) and it never
made it. :( If I had to guess, it might be related to APICs? I always
have to use "noapic" boot parameter. Ingo what are you running this
on? I don't have the exact error messages, but I'm rebuilding it now
to try to get those. Without RT Preemption it seems to be running very
nicely.

dont worry about it not booting on your setup with PREEMPT_REALTIME, as
long as it boots with !PREEMPT_REALTIME - i only really converted my
testsystems which are basically IDE + e100/e1000/rtl8139, ext3 and the
bare minimum that is needed to run Fedora. It might be useful to send me
a bootlog if you have any easy way to capture it - if not it's not a big
problem either.

Ingo