Re: [BUG] oom killer not triggering in 2.6.9-rc3

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 10:29:48 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:03:16PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:

I must be able to run an app that uses over 90% of system memory, and calls fork(). I was under the impression this made strict accounting unfeasable?

Not so. Just add enough swapspace to act as the backing store for the
aggregate anonymous virtualspace.

In my first message I mentioned that I had no swap. It's embedded, so I do not have the ability to add swap.

Chris