Re: Problem compiling linux-2.6.8.1......

From: Stephan
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 12:11:48 EST

gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030502

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard B. Johnson" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Stephan" <support@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: Problem compiling linux-2.6.8.1......

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Stephan wrote:

I've created the typescript as suggested but the only thing I found that seemed out off place is the following line, altough I don't think it's got anything todo with the error I'm getting.

CC [M] fs/binfmt_misc.o
include/asm/string.h:32: warning: `strcpy' defined but not used

This shouldn't happen. It's a definition in a header file!
It looks line the 'inline' gnu-ism isn't working! Could you
publish the result of
gcc --version

Everyhting else seems normal.

Kind regards