Re: Who is working on the Marvell SATA Chipset?

From: Andy Warner
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 15:28:06 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Tom Dickson wrote:
> >
> > Who is in charge of the "in progress" driver for the Marvell 88SX5040?
>
> I have a skeleton driver locally, need to get on to finishing it.

Marvell also have drivers for 2.4 and 2.6, but they are under NDA
etc etc, and ignore libata (they also pre-date libata), so if
you have hardware that you _must_ get working; they might be
a useful stopgap.

I'll repeat my eagerness to test anything for the 88SX50xx or 88SX60xx,
regardless of how primitive it is. My benchmarking with the Marvell
driver shows the throughput to be excellent.
--
andyw@xxxxxxxxx

Andy Warner Voice: (612) 801-8549 Fax: (208) 575-5634