Re: [patch 2/3] lsm: add bsdjail module

From: Chris Wright
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 20:15:47 EST

* Ulrich Drepper (drepper@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > +If a private IP was specified for the jail, then
> > + cat /proc/$$/attr/current
>
> How is this going to interact with SELinux?

Poorly. It's not expected to work with SELinux. There's no good
stacking yet.

> Currently SELinux uses
> /proc/*/attr/current to report the current security context of the
> process. libselinux expects the file to contain one string (not even a
> newline) which is the textual representation of the context. Now with
> your changes you want to change this. libselinux as-is would break
> miserably.

Maybe libselinux should not look around in there unless SELinux is
enabled in kernel.

> I don't know the history of the file and who is hijacking the file.
> Fact is that the file content is currently unstructured and libselinux
> couldn't possibly determine what part is of interest to itself.
>
> So, either you use another file, SELinux uses another file, or the file
> gets tagged lines like
>
> selinux: user_u:user_r:user_t

Yeah, that's workable. Other options would probably look like putting
stuff in module specific locations, which is more painful.

> I guess you couldn't even start the userlevel code in FC3 in such a jail
> in the moment since the libselinux startup tests would fail.

Userspace won't start in a jail, and once it's up, jailing works (on
rawhide for example). Admittedly, the label looks a bit funny.

# in jail
$ ps -eM
LABEL PID TTY TIME CMD
No 16933 ? 00:00:00 bash