__put_task_struct unresolved when being used in modules

From: Thomas Spatzier
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 05:21:17 EST

I have a module that keeps a reference to a task_struct and uses
get_task_struct and put_task_struct to increment/decrement the
task_struct's ref count.
Function __put_task_struct defined in kernel/fork.c does not have
an associated EXPORT_SYMBOL , so I get an unresolved symbol
error.
Is there a reason why __put_task_struct is not exported? Otherwise,
I would just add the missing EXPORT_SYMBOL. There are a number
of EXPORT_SYMBOLs already defined in fork.c anyway.

Regards,
Thomas