Re: Fw: signed kernel modules?

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 06:13:52 EST

Hi,

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, David Howells wrote:

> I've uploaded an updated module signing patch with Rusty's suggested
> additions:

Can someone please put this patch into some context, where it's not
completely pointless? As is it does not make anything more secure.
Why is the kernel more trustable than a kernel module?
If someone could show me how I can trust the running kernel, it should be
rather easy to extend the same measures to modules without the need for
this patch.

bye, Roman