Re: Tasklet usage?

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 09:09:57 EST

Neil Horman wrote:

Pierre Ossman wrote:

* Can tasklets be preempted?

A tasklet can get preempted by a hard interrupt, but tasklets run in interrupt context, so don't do anything in a tasklet that can call schedule.

Being preempted by hard interrupts is sort of the point of moving the stuff to a tasklet. Just as long as other tasklets and user space cannot preempt it.

Are there any concerns when it comes to locking and tasklets? I've tried finding kernel-locking-HOWTO referenced in kernel-docs.txt but the link is dead and I can't find a mirror.

Rgds
Pierre