Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 06:07:10 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> it seems that SMP + PREEMPT_TIMING is not stable though, somehow the
> latency printk's cause a crash sooner or later. I'm still debugging this
> problem. Without PREEMPT_TIMING the SMP kernel is stable.

How true!

My first successful SMP/HT PREEMPT_REALTIME has been achieved, by just
turning off PREEMPT_TIMING. So you won't get any latency trace dumps from
here ;)

Actual .config.gz attached.

But now I have my two prime machines on full-RT-throttle, yeepee! :)

Thankful for the hint!
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx