Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 06:58:35 EST

Ingo,

> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> Ingo Molnar wrote:
>> >
>> > it seems that SMP + PREEMPT_TIMING is not stable though, somehow the
>> > latency printk's cause a crash sooner or later. I'm still debugging
>> > this problem. Without PREEMPT_TIMING the SMP kernel is stable.
>> >

>> How true!
>>
>> My first successful SMP/HT PREEMPT_REALTIME has been achieved, by just
>> turning off PREEMPT_TIMING. So you won't get any latency trace dumps
>> from here ;)

OOPS. I think I've made a terrible mistake. It seems that
SMP+PREEMPT_REALTIME is NOT solved after all in my P4/HT box, even with
PREEMPT_TIMING not set.

As one may check from the .config.gz I've sent just about minutes ago,
PREEMPT_REALTIME wasn't being set, and the RT label was bogus.

So sorry to mislead you all. I should have known, it was too good to be
true :(

Take care.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela