Re: ATA/133 Problems with multiple cards

From: James Stevenson
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 21:22:07 EST

Hi,

i did actually kind of get the card's working together but ran into
another problem.

when i boot with ide=nodma and then turn on dma manually on all the other
cards / board chipset etc... they all function fine

then i can only turn the dma up to ATA/100 if i set it to ata/133 it will
cause the errors. I assume this is something todo with the promise bois
not setting up the 3rd card at boot time. It only shows drive listing for
2 of the 3 cards.

Unfortunatly this generated another problem.
When read from both drives at the same time it functions normally and
see resonable performance. When i attempt to write to both drives it will
cause the machine to lockup.

James