Re: AMD64 Swsusp on 2.6.9-rc4-mm1

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 05:23:46 EST

On Tuesday 16 of November 2004 08:19, William Wolf wrote:
> Is this supposedly something new in rc4-mm1? I have been having the
> same problems since around 2.6.8.1, though i havent gone through every
> single -mm patch, i have tried at least one in every -rcx candidate, and
> they have all done this same thing.

This may be for another reason. I generally test all of the -rc and -mm
patches on an AMD64 box and apparently 2.6.9-rc4-mm1 is the first one that
has the problem I was talking about. AFAICT, the other kernels may fail in a
similar way if memory is stuffed with something (eg after updatedb).

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.