Re: I/O card vs linux

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 07:19:51 EST

On Sat, 2004-10-16 04:23:43 -0400, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <200410160423.43597.gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Greetings;
>
> This may be OT, but can anyone advise me on a pci card thats basicly
> an 8255 with a 34 pin or greater port on the card or back panel to
> bring out all 3 ports, and a suitable linux compatible driver for it?

For input? Output? Both? In the output-only with low "bandwith" being
okay, just think about attaching a number of serial-in-parallel-out
shift registers to your parport. I use something like that for switching
on and off computers...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O