Documentation - what work is being done?

From: Jim Nelson
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 14:49:38 EST

Is there any effort being made to update the stuff in the Documentation directory? Most of the files in there are massively out of date. I'd like to work on it - but I didn't see an entry for documentation in the MAINTAINERS file. I googled around for mailing lists for kernel documentation, but the two I found have been dead for some time.

I think the whole directory needs an overhaul, but there's a lot of people's work in there (and I'd hate having my work torn to pieces by a rank amatuer), and I'd like some feedback on where to start, what to leave alone, what's there for historical interest, and what is critically needed.