Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Kurt Wall
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 14:37:11 EST

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004, Jeff V. Merkey took 66 lines to troll:

> Although we do not work with them and are in fact on the the other side
> of Unixware from a
> competing viewpoint, SCO has contacted us and identifed with precise
> detail and factual
> documentation the code and intellectual property in Linux they claim was
> taken from Unix.
> We have reviewed their claims and they appear to create enough
> uncertianty to warrant
> removal of the infringing portions.

But, naturally, you can't reveal the precise files and lines of code that
SCO claim was stolen. For $DEITY's sake, you're still a Canopy stooge and
hanger on, even though you're smart enough to know better. How much did
NFT or Canopy give you to agree to this preposterous claim?

Welcome to my killfile.

Kurt
--
Naeser's Law:
You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it