Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U7

From: Lee Revell
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 00:56:38 EST

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 14:00, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i have released the -U7 Real-Time Preemption patch:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/realtime-preempt-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U7

OK, this one boots but Gnome does not start. It hangs at "Session
Manager". The system does not hang, but I never get to my desktop.
Nothing useful in the logs.

While this was going on I switched to a text console and noticed that if
I enabled/ Caps Lock at just the right moment then _all_ text output
(LOGIN, PASSWORD, etc) would be in caps. Toggling it a few times seemed
to get rid of the problem.

Any particular debug options I should try?

Lee