Re: New consolidate irqs vs . probe_irq_*()

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 07:16:45 EST

Russell King writes:

> Remember that PCMCIA effectively has its own IRQ router which requires
> the PCMCIA code to know which IRQs are physically connected and which
> aren't. Unfortunately, there's no way to get that information as far
> as I know except by the published method in the code.

On my powerbook, the pcmcia/cardbus controller has one interrupt,
which is used both for card status changes and for card functional
interrupts. It doesn't have an ISA bus and it doesn't have an 8259
interrupt controller, and interrupts 0-15 aren't anything like what
they might be on a PC. This is why (as Ben says) there is no point
probing for interrupts, and why on ppc (or at least on powermacs) the
probe functions are no-ops.

Paul.