Re: [ACPI] Machines self-power-up with 2.6.9-rc3 (evo N620c, ASUS, ...)

From: Hiroshi 2 Itoh
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 18:05:23 EST

Pavel,

Thanks for your report. I have some suggestions to identify your
problem and help ACPI developers to work more effectively.

The developers are working both fixing ACPI related bugs and applying
work around for bad BIOS behaviors. At this time I think fixing
bugs is more important than applying work around.

So if your problem on some machine is so serious, could you please
give us the BIOS version and whether the machine suspend/resume is
OK in ACPI mode of Windows 2000/XP too? Of course DSDT table check
is highly helpful. http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ is prepared for such
purpose.

I believe such details help the developers to avoid spending much
time to rescue desperate BIOS and to keep tight release schedule.

- Hiro