RE: forcing PS/2 USB emulation off

From: Aleksey Gorelov
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 18:27:34 EST

Isn't this interrupt disabled at that point, and status are cleared
right
after handoff ? Have you actually been able to see a problem with such
an interrupt with this patch applied ?

>The real fix is to link the USB code early enough to run before the PC
>keyboard code. I've had this confirmed by BIOS folks as well.

That would be nice, but -mm patch covers not only keyboard/mouse issues,
but lockups as well. Unfortunately, to work around this, handoff should
happen not only pretty early, but before you start enabling shared (with
USB)
interrupts for your cards.

Aleks.